You’re struggling with chemical dependency. Maybe alcohol, club drugs, or painkillers hooked you. Because you know that it’s slowly killing you, it’s time to quit now. How does detox work at a professional facility, and why should you not attempt it alone at home?
What’s the Goal of Detoxification?
The drug you’re using is a toxin. It affects your mind and body. Besides that, it affects your emotional well-being. Detoxification enables you to break the physiological dependency.
How Does Detox Work at a High-Quality Facility?
You work with an intake specialist on a customized treatment protocol. Recent medical breakthroughs make it possible to overcome chemical dependencies in a pain-free setting. Moreover, tailoring the care protocol to your needs ensures that you’re ready to hit the ground running at rehab. Possible modalities include:
- Medical monitoring around the clock for maximum safety and comfort
- Pharmacological support for pain relief and the control of intense drug cravings
- IV Treatments such as amino acid therapy that strengthen your body as it regains equilibrium
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which boosts brain recovery during the detoxification period
- Emotional wellness activities that present another facet of healing
However, this is just one part of the equation. How does detox work when you combine it with effective rehab? In this scenario, you work with a facility that offers both medical and clinical care on the same campus. For example, young adult rehab emphasizes the attention that this demographic needs for overcoming a psychological addiction.
The same’s true for people who’ve relapsed after undergoing rehab before. Since addiction has a high relapse potential, it’s possible to hit a bump along the way. It doesn’t mean that you failed. Also, it doesn’t mean that your initial rehab was a failure.
Addiction Therapy Services
Rather, relapse is a sign that there’s more room for growth. Maybe you need to develop additional coping skills for situations that you didn’t factor in before. How does detox work in conjunction with other therapy techniques? In rehab, you can gain the sobriety you need along with the tools you need to maintain it. In this setting, you encounter therapeutic interventions that include:
- Individual therapy for program participants
- Group therapy sessions that provide the backdrop for addiction education
- Mindfulness based stress reduction as a way to avoid specific types of relapses
- Yoga, which combines light exercise with breathing techniques
- Behavioral therapy as well as psychotherapy that benefits all program participants
Can You Just Detox on Your Own?
An at-home detox is notorious for its high failure rate. Moreover, depending on the drug that you’re dealing with, it can be dangerous. For example, an alcohol use disorder brings the risk of seizures. Almost any type of drug detox is painful.
Therefore, you may relapse after just a day or two of withdrawal. When you start using again, you may overdose. This scenario opens up an entirely new set of difficulties and risks. With modern medicine offering you a pain-free, safe, and comfortable experience, there’s no reason to attempt it alone it.
Reach Out For Help
How does detox work? It works because of the complete customization that goes into the design of your treatment protocol. Don’t risk your life for another day. Contact Ardu Recovery Center at 801-810-1234 to rise up again.